This summer, we the IEEE Sarawak Subsection and University Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS) will be conducting a one day workshop that presents the basic concept on design thinking and cocreation though playful approach in developing gamified content for teaching and learning programming.
This workshop is opened to all educators. This 21st century design thinking approach to design problems and solutions, has already proven to be a success in previously conducted workshops in the UK and in Malaysia.
- Date: 13 November 2019 (Wednesday)
- Time: 10:00AM to 4:00PM
- Venue: myCapsule SpaceFCSIT, UNIMAS
- Fee: Free of Charge (limited space)
The workshop is made up of 3 stages;
- Engagement and Empathy – participants will think about the course, problems, issues, clarify expectations and questions.
- Ideate and Design – visualise the thoughts, mapping ideas into structures, map possible assessments
- Prototype and Testing – producing prototype, pitchand test the prototype
The facilitator will incorporate the use of design thinking materials, Lego Serious Play, and robotic tools, such as Sphero and Cubelets.
Assoc. Prof. Dr Fitri Suraya Mohammad (CreativeCulture)
Dr. Jacey-Lynn Minoi (CreativeCulture and IEEE Senior Member)
Ir. Dr. David Bong (IEEE Senior Member)
For more info please contact Dr. Jacey-Lynn Minoi (email@example.com)